(definition further explained in this post if you still aren't satisfied)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Greetz and Your Time Has Come, Blogger Newbies

Okay, so I had a nice post all typed up for you guys, and now I don't have it with me.
You see, the internet connection for the past two days at our house has been spotty, at best, so I am now in the computer lab at CU, steelin their internets.
I didn't realize that I'd have time to be on here for very long, but one of my classes was cancelled, giving me time to check in. Unfortunately, because this was unexpected, I don't have my laptop with me. Which has my post saved on it.
It's okay, though, because I must admit that the post was not life-changing.

So, what shall we talk about today instead? Oh, I have an idea! I'd like to share my devious plan with you. Except it isn't all that devious...but it is a plan, nonetheless, and it's actually all about you.

Yes, you, my dear reader. Didn't expect that, did you?

You see, once, while wandering around the internet, I found this idea. I don't remember where it was, so I cannot give specific credit to the originator of it, but I found it fascinating and hoped that I could do it someday. Someone came up with the notion of taking a day in a blog to completely turn over the post to the readers/commenters. This way, you get to be a blogger for a day. Who knows, you may end up liking it so much that you start a blog of your own!

I'd like to open it for any discussion, but for fear that it would be too general, I think that I'll just post a topic for you to share your opinion on. If it's successful, we could even do this regularly with different topics!

The reason I haven't already tried this wonderful, revolutionary thing is because I feared that I don't have a large enough readership for it to work. Or, even if I do have a few readers, they don't seem to be too keen on commenting. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but it would make this idea flop.

For this reason, I humbly ask that anyone interested in the idea please comment on this post, so I know whether I can turn my blog over to you for a day sometime soon.

Thank you in advance for any response!


NNWM Status Update: Okay, I know you're probably getting sick of these, so I'll keep it brief.

I MADE IT TO 20,000!

I'm very excited about this despite my still-behindness. Seriously, if I ever get technically "caught up", I'll have to shout again with joy.

Next time, watch for a little discussion about my characters for the first time!

5 comments:

Tina Hunter said...

As to whether I would partake in taking over your blog via the comments one day in the future, I'd say go for it. I do have my own blog which is sorely attended as is, however I am commenting so that's a good sign right? :)

Keep up the good words on NaNoWriMo.

Beth said...

that would be cool. i have a blog of my own, so i don't know if this entirely counts as a blogger for a day for me, but yeah. :D
(oh, and i figured out that having the comments in the ebbed form, like yours is right now, than it doesn't allow all mac users to comment. you might want to change to the pop-up, or full page option so everyone can comment if they so choose. just a heads up)

Deidra said...

Thank you very much for pointing that out to me, Dorkvader. Hopefully, this pop-up version will work for everyone.

Beth said...

:D any time
and cool blog by the way ;)

Anonymous said...

I will most definitely participate :)

kaely <3